Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Prepare To Be A Millionaire
#1 in Amazon.com's
New Business Enterprises Category



Since the official launch of Prepare To Be A Millionaire on February 2nd the entire Millionaire Blueprints staff has become obsessed with watching the Amazon.com sales rank. Since there is really no way for authors -- or employees of authors -- to see exactly how many books they are selling we rely on the Amazon.com sales rank as an indicator. (At least none that I am aware of, if you know of another way to monitor sales please post it.)

It started out as just a once a day thing for us. Now, every hour on the hour (that's how often Amazon.com updates the sales rank) I check the new rank posting. I should probably seek out some kind of professional help for this addiction, but it is just so darn exciting.

Every time I look at the sales rank I cover my eyes, hold my breath, then take a real quick look. At home my children think that I have completely lost my mind, but have started to quickly ask, "Did the number drop again?" (Dropping numbers are good. That means we are moving up in the rank.)

Every time the number drops I immediately call Kimberly (she's been traveling a lot to promote the book) and she screams like a young school girl or gives me a big ole' Texas "Yeehaw!!!!!" But, It is really most fun when the entire Millionaire Blueprints staff is crowded around one computer monitor and the number drops. You hear a lot of screaming, followed by, "Oh my God!," and "Can you believe this?," or "This is so amazing." And, yes we have occasionally had some "happy dancing" going on. (It is so awesome to work with people that are so passionate about what they do. I can honestly say we have an incredible team of people at Millionaire Blueprints.)

Today was very exciting for all of us. This morning, at 7:00 AM, we were at #703 - our lowest sales rank since the launch - so, I immediately "texted" the news to everyone. Then, at 11:00 AM we jumped up to the number #1 best seller spot in Amazon.com's New Business Enterprise category. I'm sure you can imagine the staff's reaction to this one. Wow!

We can't wait to see what this afternoon brings! I'll keep you posted.

Sherry Leigh
Millionaire Blueprints Magazine Director

No comments: